An Interview with Ms. Soma Bhowmik


Ms. Soma Bhowmik

Who or what inspired you to embark on your own journey in the world of arts?

I think it is an inborn talent. Since my childhood I am connected with Art. I get immense pleasure after creating something. It comes from within. I cannot visualize myself without Art.

Have you studied arts or obtained formal training in it?

I am a self-taught artist. Nature and life has taught me the lessons of Art.

Describe your art style.

"Abstract concept" and "Soft Art" are basically my style.

For how many years have you practiced your art, and have you had to overcome any hurdles on the way?

Almost 40 years that l am into it.No hurdles can ever come on my way of the journey with Art.

What memorable responses have you had to your work?

I remember when l was in class 4 at school, by mistake l got the Drawing book of class IX, and one day I submitted my book to my teacher for correction. She immediately took me to the principal...I was literally scared, but to my surprise she took me on her lap and kissed me.

What do you aim to achieve in the future? 

I just want to be a good human being, loving, and giving.

Is there any specific area you now wish to explore?

Yes, I want to learn realistic painting.

What would you advise youngsters inclined towards the arts? 

Do not run behind name and fame. Just concentrate on your work. Name and fame will follow you.

Ms. Soma Bhowmik's Artworks










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Interview with Dr. Aruna Narlikar

An Interview with Ms. Sumita Kakkar and Mr. Rajesh Kakkar

An Interview with Ms. Gaurisha Singh