An Interview with Ms. Ritu Bhatnagar



Ms. Ritu Bhatnagar 

Who or what inspired you to embark on your own journey in the world of arts?

My mother has been my inspiration, my motivator, and my teacher. It was she who recognized the artist in me and encouraged and facilitated my journey in the world of arts. And now my son and my husband are also a source of constant encouragement. 

Have you studied arts or obtained formal training in it?

I have been a Science student with a deep inclination towards Arts. I did not take any formal training in this field. So I can say that I am a self-taught artist. Getting formal training definitely helps; but ultimately you yourself are your best teacher. If you have an artist within you, it will definitely find a way of coming out and splattering itself on canvas in front of you; you can’t hold it back for long. Practice and courage to bring your ideas alive are the key ingredients that one requires. 

Describe your art style.

‘Nature’ is my choicest topic. I simply love raw nature. When it comes to painting, I simply close my eyes and meditate and whatever comes in front of my eyes I express it on canvas. The basic theme of all my paintings is Nature; though occasionally humans find a place in my paintings but always as part of the larger scheme revolving around Nature.

For how many years have you practiced your art, and have you had to overcome any hurdles on the way?

I have been attracted to the arts since my childhood. Not a day passed when I did not do coloring or sketching or some sort of craft and there was no surface which was spared from my drawings. But giving my art a mature look was another thing in which my mother played a key role. There have been times in life when I painted very little due to other responsibilities which took the front seat. But for the last seven to eight years I have been regularly working in this field with renewed vigor and interest.

What memorable responses have you had to your work?  

My first and most memorable incident was when I was appearing for my 12th Board Exams and that day I had my practical exam of Biology. When the visiting examiner saw my sketches in practical-file, he said to my teacher that even giving full marks would be less for such exclusive sketches.

Later in life when I started painting people have loved and appreciated my work very much and someone complimented that my work reminded her of the great Impressionist Sir Claude Monet. This is really a big compliment for me, though I have never copied anyone’s work or style; over the years I have developed my own style. Authors too have liked my paintings to adorn the cover-page of their books.

What do you aim to achieve in the future? 

What an artist in me wishes – artist in me wishes to paint and paint and to keep going on. My brush should never stop; there should be no dearth of ideas; they should keep on flowing as a river of unbound emotions, happiness, and purity connecting me to the Supreme. That is the beauty of art; it provides a direct connection with The Almighty.

Is there any specific area you now wish to explore?

Working my way from Impressionism towards Realism and Hyper-Realism, that is what I am looking forward to explore. I wish that more of my paintings may adorn the cover pages of the books and also shall be looking forward for illustrations in the books.

What would you advise youngsters inclined towards the arts? 

My advice to youngsters is ‘Follow your heart when you paint and let yourself free.’ Art gives immense pleasure when it is pursued for the sake of Art but when it is pursued for sake of money it loses its sheen. 

                                                                                Ms. Ritu Bhatnagar's Artworks








Comments

  1. Wonderful interview Ritu.... Congratulations ๐Ÿ’

    ReplyDelete
  2. What stunning water lilies and fishes ๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice work Very beautiful and inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice and impressive !๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ’

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is really awesome and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Interview with Dr. Aruna Narlikar

An Interview with Ms. Sumita Kakkar and Mr. Rajesh Kakkar

An Interview with Ms. Gaurisha Singh