An Interview with Ms. Geethanjali Dilip


Ms. Geethanjali Dilip

Who or what inspired you to embark on your own journey in the world of arts?

As far as I can remember my art teacher in school was my inspiration. I was around 6 years of age.

Have you studied arts or obtained formal training in it?

I have not had any formal training but I did undergo a short correspondence course much later to learn techniques.


Describe your art style.

I basically like to explore in still life, land, and seascapes, portraits, animals improvising with colors. 

For how many years have you practiced your art, and have you had to overcome any hurdles on the way?

I have enjoyed sketching, painting, and doodling on and off through the years. When I started teaching I had to give up my activities in the art for a long time.

What memorable responses have you had to your work?  

Most of the artwork I have gifted to friends and relatives and their joy in possessing my work is my greatest joy.

What do you aim to achieve in the future? 

I would love to couple my poetry with my artwork as an anthology which I’ve done in three of my poetry anthologies, but only in a few pages.

Is there any specific area you now wish to explore?

Yes, art and poetry.

What would you advise youngsters inclined towards the arts? 

I would just tell them to follow their passion and take joy and pride in what they do.

Ms. Geethanjali Dilip's Artworks







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Interview with Dr. Aruna Narlikar

An Interview with Ms. Sumita Kakkar and Mr. Rajesh Kakkar

An Interview with Ms. Gaurisha Singh